Banana Orange Bread Muffins

(and I still don't know if the title makes sense ... haha)

Banana bread is one of my favorite things for breakfast. I have been using a simple banana bread recipe for a loaf pan. But some weeks ago I wanted to have muffins for breakfast but I also wanted to have banana bread. So I took cute muffin cups and baked my favorite banana bread. The oranges are optional. 



Banana Orange Bread Muffins (Low fat!)

1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 large bananas)
1/2 cup low fat yogurt
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teasp baking powder
1/4 teasp salt
zest of 2-3 oranges
(chopped nuts, if desired)

Oven 180degC. Lightly grease your muffin pan. Mix mashed bananas, orange zest and yogurt, let sit. Whisk together oil, sugar, egg. Combine Flour, baking powder and salt. Combine banana mixture with oil mixture. Add flour mixture. Pour into prepared pan, smooth the top. Bake for about 30 mins. Let cool. Makes about 8 muffins (normal size).

Remember that I used only 1/2 cup of brown sugar, so they are not that sweet, more like bread.


My mom loved them too. But of course they were not sweet enough for her so she ate them with tons of jam and honey Haha


Thanks for reading *.*


 Gulchathaii