It's Chai Time ~ Запеканка

It's a cloudy day >.< and I don't feel like doing anything. This afternoon my family is coming for chai so I hope it will get better :D 
Anways, yesterday I found some leftovers in our fridge and since my mom is working today I decided to bake something sweet for lunch, it's called Запеканка. My mom has been baking this for about a thousand years now, so everytime I eat something like that, it reminds me of my childhood Hehe. Though I wasn't using her recipe, it's quite similar to the one she always bakes. 

  
Запеканкa
500g low-fat curd cheese
125g semolina
1 egg
100g sugar
1 apple, cut in small pieces
zest of 1 orange
(some grated coconut, if desired)

Preheat oven to 180degC. Combine cheese and semoline. Beat egg and sugar for about 3 mins until fluffly. Beat in orange zest. (Add grated coconut.) Grease a pan and fill in half of the batter. Place the apples on the batter, add the rest of the batter, smooth the top. (Sprinkle with grated coconut.) Bake for about 40-45 mins.

Optional: Raisins, dried apricots (or other dried fruits), almonds, ...


Our kitchen still smells like oranges and coconut Haha. Luv it!

Gulchathaii