Chai Muffins ♥

These chai muffins are loved by everyone. I had them with - guess what? - chai!


Chai Muffins

2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 teasp baking powder
2 tabsp cinnamon
1 tabsp ground ginger
1/2 teasp ground anise
1/4 teasp ground cloves
1/2 teasp ground cardamom
1 cup brown sugar
vanilla extract
1 cup oil
2 eggs
3/4 cup hot boiled black spicey tea + 1/4 cup hot milk (the chai I was using contains black tea, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, anise and fennel)

Preheat oven to 190degC. Combine flour, baking powder, spices, sugar. lightly whisk the eggs and add oil and chai. Add vanilla (I was using a looot of vanilla...) Add dry ingredients and mix very well. Fill into muffin cups and bake for about 20-25 minutes. 

Optional: Prepare a mixture with cinnamon, ground ginger and brown sugar. Sprinkle the top of the muffins before baking. (definitely going to do that next time)



They were definitely one of my favorite muffins, can't wait to bake them again! If you love spices and chai like I do you really have to try these! :)

I hope you liked it, thanks for reading :)

Gulchathaii