It's Chai Time ~ Plum Almond Honey Cake

We were given so many plums by our friend so we've been eating them for days now. And still there are so many plums left. And obviously I had to bake a cake. As I think that simple plum cake is way too boring I had to add some other ingredients to make this cake special. Therefore I used honey and almonds, one of the most incredible ingredients that could be used for cakes. 


 This time I was using loaf pans. Actually I wanted to bake plum cupcakes first but then I felt like baking the cake in a loaf pan, I think I have been baking cupcakes way too often the last few months, maybe I'm sick of them now :) Anyway, here comes the recipe...


Plum Almond Honey Cake
for 2 loaf pans
 
3 cups white flour
2 teasp baking powder
5 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups white sugar
pinch of salt
100gm chopped almonds
5 tabsp dark creamy honey
400gm plums, in pieces

+ some almond slices for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 170degC. Butter 2 loaf pans. Whisk together eggs, oil, milk, sugar and salt. Melt honey and whisk in. Sieve together flour, baking powder and add almonds. Add to wet mixture and whisk in until you have a light and creamy batter. Fold in the plums and mix well. Pour into prepared pans, sprinkle with some almond slices and bake for about 60-70 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool completely.


 I'm definitely going to bake this cake again, it was very soft and sweet, everyone loved it. 
Thanks for reading :)

Gulchathaii