It's Chai Time ~ Raisin Cake

As everybody knows I love dried fruits, from apricots and figs to raisins and dates. That's why I love raisin cake, my favorite raisin cake is the one by my grandma. My raisin cake can not be compared to hers. But still this cake is one of the best cakes ever *.* It contains more fat then an usual cake which makes this cake very soft, moist and fluffy and full of flavour.


Raisin Cake

1.5 cups white flour
2 tsp baking powder
200gm margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup whipping cream
200gm raisins

Preheat oven to 180degC. Line a large baking pan with baking paper. Sieve together flour and baking powder. Beat margarine until light and fluffy. Beat in sugar, eggs and whipping cream. It should be a pretty liquid but fluffy mixture. Sieve over flour mixture and beat it in, until incorporated. Fold in raisins. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until done. Let cool completely. Almost all the raisins should be on the bottom of the cake. 


If you are a raisin lover like I am you should definitely try this out! No regrets! Thank you for reading :)

Gulchathaii