It's Chai Time ~ Jewish Cake

I don't know if this cake can be called 'jewish cake' cause the recipe for the batter is adapted from a jewish apple cake but I did not want an apple cake. So I decided to skip the part with apples and just bake the batter. (Recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen). 

However, this cake is soft, fluffy and delicious. My mom loves this cake even more than I do, I think I definitely have to bake this cake again.


Jewish Cake

3 cups white flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup orange lemonade (or orange juice)
1 tsp salt


Preheat oven to 160degC. Grease a bundt pan (or a basic round pan). Sieve together flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk together oil, lemonade, sugar and eggs, until light and fluffy. Add the flour mixture and whisk until well combined. Bake for about 1h - 1.5h until done. Enjoy :)



I think I did not use enough butter when greasing the bundt pan, I wasn't able to remove the cake from the pan. That's why I just left the cake in there, to avoid breaking the cake. 


Thanks for reading :)


Gulchathaii