It's Chai Time ~ Honey Cake


Believe me when I say that you have to try this cake recipe. Actually I was thinking about baking a pound cake or a condensed milk cake but then I suddenly changed my mind and baked this honey cake. And it turned out gread. It's amazingly fluffy. And soft. Seriously, it's one of the best cakes I've ever had. 


 Honey Cake
~ for 2 loaves

200gm butter or margarine
60gm vanilla sugar (homemade)
(+ some white sugar if desired)
5-6 tabsp honey, as desired
2 tsp baking powder
250gm white flour
a pinch of salt
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 160-175degC. Combine (or sieve together) flour and salt. Beat eggs until light and bubbly. In another bowl beat butter and sugar until white and creamy. Combine honey and baking powder in a small saucepan and heat while continously stiring for about 3 minutes. When the honey mixture becomes golden and bubbly return from heat. Beat together butter mixture, honey mixture and beaten eggs. Add flour and beat until everything is well combined. The batter should be extremely light and fluffy. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans and bake for about 40 minutes until done. 

Optional: Dust with powdered sugar. 

If you like very sweet cakes add more sugar. I used more honey than sugar cause I prefer the flavor of honey and I didn't want this cake to be too sweet. 



Gulchathaii