Oatmeal Citrus Scones


And another breakfast recipe. These are my first scones ever! To be honest, I expected them to be a bit more delicious, the texture was quite weird. Maybe I did something wrong while baking. Let's just see how they will turn out next time.
I ate them with plain cream cheese, which was pretty yummy. I'm definitely going to try them with sweetened butter the next time I bake them. So here comes the recipe...


Oatmeal Citrus Scones

100gm oats
50gm almond slices
220gm flour
2 tsp baking powder
a pinch of cinnamon (or more if desired)
100gm sugar
100gm candied orange peel
1 egg
100gm sour cream

Preheat oven to 200C.
Combine dry ingredients and mix well. 
Beat the egg and sour cream using a mixer. Combine everything and mix until well incorporated. 
Cut into round shapes using a glass.
Place on lined baking sheet and bake for about 10 - 12 minutes.
Let cool and enjoy :)


Gulchathaii