Avocado Apple Streusel Cake

There was this very ripe avocado in the fruit bowl in our kitchen and I was like 'what am I gonna do with this thing' cause I don't like eating plain avocados but I never ever throw away food (in my opinion throwing away food is ridiculous cause there are people on this planet who don't have anything to eat). Then I remembered a recipe for an yummi apple cake from wendyinkk.blogspot.com (her recipes are wonderful!) where she used mashed bananas and then I was like 'hey why not using mashed avocado instead of mashed bananas?!'.


Avocado Apple Streusel Cake


Batter
200gm whole wheat flour
1 tesp baking powder
100gm melted margarine
100gm sugar (or reduce it to 80gm)
2 eggs
1 very ripe mashed avocado


Streusel Mixture
40gm brown sugar
50gm chopped hazelnuts
(50gm chocolate chips, if desired)


+ 1 apple, thinly sliced


Preheat oven to 175degC. Lightly grease the bottom of a round pan. Combine flour and baking powder. Combine melted margarine, sugar, eggs and mashed avocado, mix well. Add flour mixture, mix well. Prepare streusel mixture (add more nuts, if desired, or use almonds/walnuts/pecans/...). Fill the batter into the pan, spread around. Place apple slices on the batter. Cover with streusel mixture. Bake for about 40-45 minutes. Let cool completely. 




As avocado is very fat and oily I reduced the margarine, but it was still too much. Maybe 60-80gm would be enough. Anyways, the cake was/is very yummi, I'm definitely going to bake this cake again. 






 Gulchathaii