It's Chai Time ~ Easy Marble Muffins

This afternoon I wanted to bake cupcakes or muffins, then I decided it should be something black-white, like marble cake. I've baked marble muffins about 2 years ago and they were absolutely disgusting haha. But this time I wanted to try it again - and they were pretty and delicious. Yay :)


Actually, I never wanted to bake marble cakes or muffins cause I was thinking that I was too clumsy to bake pretty cakes. In my opinion marble cakes were old-fashioned and dry and only square people would eat marble cakes. and I still prefer fruity and milky/cheesy cakes. But my mom loved these.



Easy Marble Muffins


1 3/4 cups spelt flour
1 teasp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1 cup hot milk
3/4 cup oil 
2 eggs


+ 3 teasp cocoa powder
+ 2 tabsp spelt flour


Preheat oven to 175degC. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar. Add hot milk, oil and eggs, mix well. Fill 1/3 of the batter into another bowl and slowly add the cocoa powder. Add the 2 tabsp flour to the other 2/3 of the batter, mix well (the white batter is quite water). Fill the muffins cups with 1 tabsp of the white batter, then add a teasp of the brown batter, then another tabsp of the white batter and so on . . . If you want to have a swirly patter, take a toothpick, put it into the batter and 'draw' a circle in the batter (not too much, otherwise the black and white batter will be combined and the nice color will disappear). Bake for about 30 minutes. Let cool completely. Makes about 12-14 muffins. 
 



 Gulchathaii