It's Chai Time ~ Blueberry Almond Cheesecake

Everything that has something to do with milk like cheese, curd cheese, yogurt... belongs to the food that I love most -  except of cream (baaah disgusting, I hate cream >.<). That's why cheesecake is one of my favorite cakes ever. 
Some weeks ago I was at one of my best friend's house and her mom had made looots of cakes... streusel cakes, pound cakes, cakes with whipped cream, cakes with nuts and -  CHEESECAKE! Everyone else was like 'oh so many delicious cakes! I wanna have a small piece of every cake'. Guess what I did? I totally concentrated on eating two huuuge pieces of only cheesecake. 

Anyways, this is not a recipe for a typical cheesecake but for a cheesecake with fruits. I mean, I love cheesy and milky things and I also love fruits, and that's why combining cheesecake with fruits is such a great idea.

So here it comes, my favorite fruity cheesecake. 



Blueberry Almond Cheesecake


Batter
100gm melted margarine
80gm sugar
2 eggs
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 - 1 tsp baking powder


Creamcheese Mixture
250gm cream cheese
200gm сметана (or use sour cream)
2 tabsp milk
1 tabsp corn starch
3 tabsp sugar


+ 1 cup blueberries (or more if desired)
+ some almonds


Preheat oven to 180degC. Lightly grease the bottom of a round baking pan, do not grease the sides. Combine flour and baking powder. Combine melted margarine, sugar and eggs, do not beat. Add flour mixture. Fill into pan, spread around. Combine the ingredients for the creamcheese mixture. Place the blueberries on the batter, cover with creamcheese mixture, spread around. Sprinkle the almonds over the chreamcheese mixture. Bake for about 50-60 minutes. Let cool completely.




Originally, this was meant to be a cake with apples not with blueberries but the apples were not juicy enough so the batter was too dry. That's why I prefer berries or pineapple or mango or whatever. I'm definitely going to try to bake this cake with fresh juicy strawberries, can't wait!





Gulchathaii