It's Chai Time ~ Blueberry Kefir Muffins (& Some Pancakes)

Our kitchen still smells like blueberry muffins, just love it. 

Wait, first of all, thanks to all the readers of my blog, I get more and more readers. It's not my goal to achieve a lot of readers or followers, I just like writing, posting and sharing. That's why I hope that you all like reading my posts. If you have any tips or suggestions for anything just let me know, I really do appreciate that :)

But now back to the delicious blueberry kefir muffins. Last week my mom bought tons of kefir (not tons... but it seems that our fridge contains only kefir right now...) and we also had some frozen blueberries left. I absolutely love blueberries, especially mixed with kefir or even buttermilk, though it's not the same cause in my opinion kefir tastes way better than buttermilk. Anyways, there was no certain recipe for these muffins, but they are very delicious and soft though. 


Blueberry Kefir Muffins

2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 teasp baking powder
1 cup sugar (I mixed white and brown sugar)
1 cup kefir
3/4 cup oil
3 eggs
(vanilla extract or cinnamon, if desired)



+ about 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries (or more, if desired)


Preheat oven to 180degC. Combine flour, baking powder and sugar. Fold in the blueberries very carefully, make sure that all the berries are covered with flour so they will not sink during baking. In another bowl whisk together kefir, oil and the eggs. Add the flour blueberry mixture to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fill into prepared muffin cups and bake for about 25 minutes. Makes about 14-16 muffins. 


Optional: Use yogurt or buttermilk instead of kefir. Or white flour instead of whole wheat flour. Mostly, I use whole wheat or whole spelt cause I love the taste of it. 


And now something about my pancakes. There was some batter left and I didn't know what to do with it but then I thought, why not make quick pancakes, I mean my grandma's traditional kazakh pancakes are made with kefir and fruits too. So I took my tiny little pan and baked some pancakes using the rest of my muffin batter and - the first one broke-.- But fortunately the other two look gread and taste very delicious. So if you like the idea of baking something with blueberries and kefir but you don't feel like baking muffins you can use the same ingredients to make delicious, soft and fluffy pancakes. 



Today's my blah blah day. I'm talking & writing way too much, I'm sorry about that :)
Thank you for reading :)

Gulchathaii