Simple Rhubarb Muffins

Actually, I never ever made rhubarb muffins and unfortunately, I don't have the chance to eat rhubarb that often. But the taste of rhubarb is still irreplacable, I love to eat it raw =) My mom bought a lot of rhubarb and wanted me to bake a cake or make syrup or juice or whatever. I made a cake, but still there was a lot of rhubarb left so I was looking for a rhubarb muffin recipe on other blogs and websites but I couldn't find anything for me. So I just took all my fruity recipes and combined and changed them into a recipe for simple soft and yummy rhubarb muffins. They were really really good, I luv em!

(they look pretty flat... I should have filled more batter into the muffin cups)

Simple Rhubarb Muffins
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1.5 teasp baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup сметана (or 40% chream cheese)
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup oil
2 eggs
2 cups rhubarb, in small pieces

Preheat oven to 180degC. Combine flour with baking powder and sugar. Mix сметана and milk until very smooth. Add oil and eggs, mix well. Add dry ingredients. Fold in the rhubarb pieces and mix well. Fill muffin cups. Bake for about 30 minutes. Makes about 14-16 muffins. 

my cute silicone muffin cups my aunt bought me :) pink and greeeeeen

I'm definitely going to bake these muffins again, they were absolutely soft, fruity and delicious. Maybe next time I'm going to replace the rhubarb by strawberries.  Anyways, I hope you liked the recipe and the pictures :) 
Thanks for reading!

Gulchathaii