Strawberry Almond Muffins

These fruity and delicious muffins were baked by me for the Strawberry Festival which was created by good friends. I really loved it, my time with friends which I havn't seen for a longer time with those who I met for the first time. I was enjoying it, not to mention all the different kinds of cakes that were absolutely delicious. 
Back to my strawberry almond muffins. Actually I wanted to bake something with peaches or apricots but we had strawberries left. But plain strawberry-muffins are sort of boring, so I added almonds (yumyum).



Strawberry Almond Muffins

this recipe makes about 30 muffins, ingredients measured in 300ml cups 


 
2 cups white flour
2 teasp baking powder
1 cup sugar
150gm sliced almonds
1 cup hot milk
1 cup oil
4 eggs


+ 400gm strawberries, cut into very small pieces


Preheat oven to 180degC. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and almonds. Whisk together milk, oil and eggs. Add mixture of dry ingredients, mix well. Fold in strawberries. The batter should smooth and not sticky. Fill into prepared muffin cups. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
  

Optional: Topping
Almond frosting/glaze
some strawberries



At the Strawberry Festival there was also a poppyseed cake and as I adore poppyseed I had to try it. And to be honest, it was the very best poppyseed cake I've ever eaten in my whole life. I'm definitely going to bake it and blog about it as soon as I get the recipe. Can't wait!

So I hope you liked it :)


Gulchathaii