It's Chai Time ~ Cherry Cupcakes With Simple Cream Cheese Frosting ♥

Hello there:)  this post is going to be about my first cream cheese frosting *tadaa* As you may know I totally like everything milky and cheese, like yogurt, cream cheese and so on, so I decided to try my own cream cheese frosting. It turned out to be veeery yummy and I'm definitely going to bake these cupcakes with that frosting again. 


Cherry Cupcakes

1 1/4 cup white flour
1 teasp baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk/buttermilk

+ about 1 cup cherries
Preheat oven to 175degC. Prepare 9 muffin cups. Sieve together flour and baking powder. Beat eggs, butter and sugar, add milk. Sieve over flour mixture, beat the batter until creamy and fluffy. Stir in cherries. Fill into prepared muffin cups and bake for about 30 minutes. Let cool.


Cream Cheese Frosting

200gm cream cheese (not low fat, I was using 20% fat)
about 5-6 teasp powdered sugar

Mix cream cheese a bit until creamy. Sieve over powdered sugar until it has the desired consistency. Add more powdered sugar if needed.



This frosting is one of the best things that could ever happen to cupcakes. I could have eaten it just like that, without any cupcakes. The next frostings that I'd like to try out in future are definitely chocolate cream cheese frosting (the same thing but with some cocoa powder), colored cream cheese frostings (with food coloring) and yogurt frosting (plain fat yogurt with powdered sugar).

Yap, I like fatty and sweet things, don't judge me :D But trust me, I'm not a fatty. I just love natural fat food like yogurt and cream cheese. I would never ever eat a fat burger or any other oily fast food (eww!)

So that's it for today :)
Thank you for reading

Gulchathaii