It's Chai Time ~ Banana Jam Cupcakes & Yogurt Frosting

Maybe you already know that I absoutely don't like left-overs. Some weeks ago I made banana pineapple jam (mainly banana jam with a little bit of pineapple) and it turned out to be too liquid. And since I'm not a huge fan of bananas and banana jam I always use them for baking cause in a cake they are delicious. That's why I had to use up the banana jam by baking and it worked, yay! :)


Banana Jam Cupcakes

2 cups white flour
2 tsp baking powder 
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup banana jam
3 mashed bananas
banana flavor (optional)
3/4 cup oil


Preheat oven to 180degC. Sieve flour and baking powder together. Beat eggs, jam, mashed bananas and banana flavor. Add oil and mix well. Beat in flour until batter is creamy and fluffy. Fill into 12 muffin cups, bake for about 20-25 minutes until done. 




Yogurt Frosting


100gm сметана (or use sour cream) 
200gm yogurt
sugar (as much as desired)

+ some banana slices


Combine сметана , yogurt and sugar. Leave in the fridge until frosting is not that liquid anymore. Place onto the cooled cupcakes. Decorate with banana slices. 




These are one of the moistest cupcakes I've ever eaten, very yummy. Some distantly related family members from Kazakhstan were visiting us and these cupcakes were one of the things that I made for chai.




Thank you for reading :) I hope you liked the recipe and the pictures!


Gulchathaii