'The 200 Cake'

This cake was based on this recipe. But honestly, this cake taste more like brownies then a chocolate cake. It's very moist and wet and way too chocolaty for me... This summer I had a holiday job and yesterday was my last day of work. So this cake was actually kind of a 'goodbye cake'. Fortunately I did not have to eat it all alone, my colleagues did a great job by eating the whole cake. 


The recipe was changed a bit cause I didn't have enough ground nuts, but who cares...

The 200 Cake

200gm chocolate
200gm butter
200gm sugar
150gm ground nuts (I was using cashews) + 50gm semolina
1 teasp baking powder
4 eggs


Preheat oven to 160degC. Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan on medium heat while stiring. Combine sugar, nuts, semolina, baking powder and eggs and beat lightly. Pour in the butter chocolate mixture and beat in. Pour the batter into a round baking pan and bake for about 40-45 minutes.


Chocolate Ganache

7 tabsp whipping cream
100gm chocolate, but in pieces


Heat the cream in a small saucepan on high heat until boiling. Place the chocolate pieces in a bowl and pour over the boiling cream. Let sit for 1 or 2 minutes then stir with a teaspoon until creamy. Place on cooled cake and let cool in fridge over night. 

Be careful when cutting the cake in pieces, the cake might be a bit crumbly.




Thanks a lot for visiting my blog :)


Gulchathaii