It's Chai Time ~ Lemon Mint Muffins

Do you love mint as much as I do? And do you love mint combined with lemon as much as I do? Especially iced mint tea with lemon juice and lemon slices. If you have never tried that before, do it now. Make strong mint tea and let cool in the fridge for 1 night, then add fresh lemon juice, as much as desired. Put some lemon slices into the mint tea to intensify the lemon taste. Enjoy :)

Anyways, this muffin recipe is really easy, it's actually one of my basic recipes and can be changed into every kind of muffins.


 Lemon Mint Muffins

2 cups white flour
1 teasp baking powder
1/2 cup freshly ground mint
1 cup sugar
1 cup yogurt
zest and juice of 1 or 2 lemons
1 cup oil
3 eggs
optional: green food coloring


Preheat oven to 175degC. Sieve together flour and baking powder, add mint. Lightly beat together sugar, eggs, yogurt, oil, zest and juice until combined. Sieve over flour mint mixture and mix until batter is smooth. (Add food coloring if wanted). Fill into 12 prepared muffin cups. Bake until done, for about 20-25 minutes. 




I loved these muffins, they were moist, soft and full of flavor. I still have a lot of mint left, I'm definitely going to bake these again, maybe as a cake. 




I hope you enjoyed reading :)


Gulchathaii