It's Chai Time ~ Spicey Plum Almond Cake

Honestly, I don't know what to write as an 'Intro' today. I'm going to skip this and just start with another delicious cake :)


Spicey Plum Semolina Cake

2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup semolina
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup oil
3 eggs
2 tabsp cinnamon
1 teasp ground cardamom
1 teasp ground aniseed


1 cup sliced plums
100gm sliced almonds
2 tabsp sugar


Preheat oven to 175degC. Combine flour, baking powder, semolina and spices. Lightly beat together milk, sugar, oil and eggs, then add flour mixture and beat in until combined. Fill into round baking pan. Place sliced plums on top of batter as desired. Sprinkle over sugar and almonds. Bake for about 50-60 minutes until done and almonds are lightly browned. 






I have to admit that I didn't expect this cake to be great when I took it out of the oven but I then was suprised. The cake was amazingly soft, spicey, sweet and fruity at the same time. Everyone liked and enjoyed it. 


That's all for today, I hope you liked it as well. thanks a lot for reading :)


Gulchathaii