Traditional Breakfast Pancakes

First of all, sorry for not blogging for so long and now, a huuuuge THANK YOU to all of my readers for still stopping by and reading my blog, I really appreciate that! :)

Anyways, now I'm back with another recipe. Today it's going to be about a sort of pancakes, a traditional pancake which is called Оладии (at least in Kazakhstan). Actually, it traditional in so many more countries, I've also seen this kind of pancake on arabic, russian and hebrew blogs. I hope you get the chance to try it out :) Enjoy...


Traditional Breakfast Pancakes (Оладии)

2 1/4 cups flour
2-3 teasp baking powder
1 1/4 cups kefir
1/2 cup sugar
1 tabsp salt
3 eggs
3 tabsp oil
cinnamon
cardamon
oil for frying
 
Whisk all the ingredients together until you have a smooth batter. It should not be too liquid, otherwise add more flour. Heat about 4 tablespoons of oil in a pan and fry the pancakes until golden. One pancake needs about 2 tabslespoons of batter. 
Optional: Dust the fryed pancakes with powdered sugar when still hot. enjoy :)




I hope you like the recipe, leave a comment if you like to :)


Gulchathaii