Chocolate Spread

Not very long ago I found a recipe for a chocolate spread on 'My Mom's Recipes and More' which seemed to be very similar to the spread that my grandma used to make. I tried it and loved it, although I changed the recipe a bit. (Original recipe here.) This is so much better than any spread from the supermarket, it's not too sweet, not too sticky and not too oily. I think it turned out pretty yummy. Give it a try! :)


 Chocolate Spread

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
100gm dark chocolate (about 80%)
150gm soft butter

Combine sugar, water and cocoa powder in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Add chocolate and butter and mix (or whisk) until completely melted and you have a creamy mixture. Pour into a bowl or a small container and let cool. The spread will become thicker while cooling.


Gulchathaii